Many people have suffered or suffer from hair loss. As they brush their hair, they realize every day the loss is getting greater. At that time it is essential to consult with a doctor. Androgenetic Alopecia (Hair Loss), comes as a result of stress, tension, hormonal disorders, among other causes. If you are one the people that suffers from hair loss, and you feel that it has lowered your self-esteem, then a hair transplant is the way to go. But, you need to know that for a successful hair transplant surgery, you must follow some precise instructions. This article will show you what to do before and after the procedure so that you can see the best results.
Before Hair Transplant
Before everything, make sure you chose an experienced surgeon for your hair transplant procedure. Based on patient’s reviews online, most of them prefer to do hair transplant in Istanbul as they have the most experienced surgeons in the world there.
After you have chosen your specialist doctor, it is necessary to take care of yourself during the previous days:
- Avoid both alcohol and caffeinated beverages. It is best that your body is free of any external elements that may harm the treatment.
- Decrease exercise performance. It is necessary that your body is as fresh and serene as possible.
- Do not use medication. We do not know what effects they can cause. Consult with your doctor what types of drugs you should not consume prior to the intervention. Anti-inflammatories, multi vitamin supplements, or aspirin are usually avoided. You must be careful with this point. You cannot self-medicate.
- Avoid applying gels or hair lotions. It is important that your hair is as clean as possible.
- The consumption of food is essential, so eat healthy, with foods that provide the necessary nutrients.
After Hair Transplant
Your specialist doctor will give you the instructions according to the type of procedure in which you submitted. However, I share some after-care instructions that I read on one of the hair transplant clinic’s webpage which are critical to successful completion of the treatment:
- It is necessary to a rest for at least 24 hours after the hair transplant operation. That’s because your scalp will be very sensitive. During your rest period it is advisable to be as relaxed as possible by removing all the stress that surrounds you. Remember, this is like any other medical intervention.
- When sleeping, be sure to the pillow you’re using is soft, and avoid contact with the implanted area by sleeping on your back in the first few days. It is essential to not to touch the treated area, so be careful when you are sleeping because you can damage the grafts without realizing it.
- Avoid the use of cosmetic products. They contain chemical ingredients that can affect results. Avoid using lotions, gels, foams, among others for at least 3 month and do not dye your hair for at least 6 month after the hair transplant operation.
- Attend the scheduled medical appointments and try to keep your doctor informed of your treatment evolution.
- Prevent the consumption of alcoholic beverages and the consumption of some non-prescription medication for at least 15 days post operation.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun after going through the hair transplant treatment. This protection must be strict for at least the first 3 months. Ultraviolet radiation can damage the grafts.
To carry out a successful hair transplant procedure it is essential that you take your precautions. If you have any doubts, do not hesitate and ask your doctor immediately.