Whether you are undergoing spa treatments or are using specific skin care products, you need to learn more about a product’s ingredients. Today, ingredients featured in skin care lines are both natural and age-defying. Therefore, it helps to know their purpose in skin care formulas.
Some of the natural ingredients that are frequently found in age-defying products include the following:
- Aloe juice which contains a number of beneficial minerals, enzymes, amino acids, and vitamins, all which are known to reduce inflammation. Aloe calms and cools the skin and accelerates healing.
- Apricot kernel oil is often used for its emollient properties. It also reduces sebum.
- Argan oil is a popular anti-aging skin care ingredient. The oil is produced from the crushed kernels of the fruit of the Argan tree. The oil contains a large amount of oleic and linoleic acids and is rich in phenols, carotenes, and vitamin E. When the ingredient is added to a product, it safeguards the skin from dryness. That is because essential fatty acids (ESAs) provide nutrition to the skin. Researchers have also found that Argan oil may be used for the treatment of psoriasis. It can also be used to reduce the production of sebum.
- Argatensyl™ is made of Argania spinosa, kernel extract, and sodium cocoyl This complex creates a filling effect when it is applied. As a result, Argatensyl™ reduces the look of fine lines and is considered a great anti-ageing substance.
- Avocado oil is rich in soluble vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids. It also includes natural tocopherols that offer antioxidant properties. The oil easily penetrates the skin, moisturising and conditioning it. The oil has been clinically proven to increase collagen in the skin. Collagen is a natural substance that lends to skin elasticity.
- Beeswax is a natural substance created by bees and is the main component of the bees’ honeycomb. When used in skincare, it replenishes the lipids in the corneous layer of the skin. Its emollient properties benefit skin that is dry or irritable.
- Carrot seed oil contains vitamin A and carotene, and is proven to be an excellent healing agent and rejuvenating skin care oil.
- Jojoba oil is expressed from jojoba seeds, and is often used on the entire body for softening. The oil also acts as a gentle exfoliator to reducing flakiness.
Check Product Labels
As you can see, skin care takes on a whole new level when a product contains beneficial ingredients. If you want to make sure your skin care products are working, check the labels on the products. This is the best way to determine if you are receiving the best products for your money. Before buying products online, check the ingredients listed.