It is the birthstone of May. It is very rare and extremely beautiful, so it is the most valuable gemstone out there. Even emerald is more precious than diamond. Emeralds are the green glowing gemstone holding it significance from the ancient 4000BC. It signifies the Mercury planet, so it is very powerful.
Emerald is found in the market in different color range from bluish green color to vivid green color. In accordance to the color and quality, the prices of the emerald differ. It has the wide range of use. Emerald can be used in a ring, necklace, pendant and bracelets. The most famous use of the emerald stone is in the ring, which is gifted in the anniversary and engagement.
In Hindu mythology emerald is known as ‘marakata’ which has the meaning of the glowing green stone in Sanskrit. It holds the planetary energy that gets transferred to the wearer’s body and benefits in the many ways.
Table of Contents
Select quality before buying the emerald gemstone;
Emerald gemstones are graded in different grades: A grade, AA grade, AAA grade and B grade. So the price of the stone differs in accordance to the quality of the stone. Ig you have high budget then go for the high grade emerald and if you have limited amount of budget then choose it according. But it is very important to be cautious about the fake and original gemstone.
Emeralds in the market are often found to be oil polished and synthesized. Be aware of these products and seek for the natural and pure stone.
The most abundant shapes of the emerald stone found are round and octagon. So be prepared on the shape you want to purchase. If you want to embed into the ring then go for the round one because ring suits the round gemstone. Also the round shaped emerald has the higher refractive index, due to which it sparkles a little more than other ones.
What are the actual benefits of the emerald gemstone?
The benefits or uses of the emerald gemstone can be listed as;
- Happy and prosperous life: as emerald stone emits only positive radiation, so it helps in keeping the mood of everyone around happy. The emerald gemstone produces and influences the positive vibes in the workplace and houses to attain the peaceful environment.
- Luck/ fortune: emerald stone is also called as lucky stone. It brings the luck and fortune to the wearer helping for the prosperous life.
- Loyalty; in ancient periods people believed that emerald is the stone of loyalty. It make the person loyal and faithful in every sector like, love, business and work.
- Protects the wearer from the serious accidents: the emerald stone kept near to the body helps in protecting the wearer from the sudden and fatal accidents. It basically shields the wearer from any bad incidents.
- Great benefits for the pregnant women: during pregnancy, women should undergo many difficult activities, so the use of this gemstone aids in some of the problems. It emotionally helps in the situation as well as makes you physically strong and tolerable.
- Prevent nightmares: during sleep, the unique vibration of the emerald stone helps in preventing the evil thoughts and prevents from the nightmares. This gemstone also cures for the insomnia patients. People who cannot sleep at night can have good sound sleep by wearing the emerald gemstone in their body in any form, rings, bracelets, or necklace.
- Bringing wealth in the family: if you cannot save money or if you are having difficulty in earning money then emerald stone helps in creating the environment to save money and bring wealth into the house.
Sources of the Emerald Gemstone:
The sources of the emerald gemstone are very limited. The countries that produce the commercial emerald stones are: Colombia, Zambia, Brazil, and Zimbabwe. Besides, the other countries that trade the emerald gemstone seasonally are: Madagascar, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Canada, Russia and other few countries.
The mining process of the emerald stone has stared in United States. But very few stones are traded by the America in the international market of gemstones.